Thursday, July 30, 2015

Washington DC Part 1

The reason Nick was not at preschool graduation was because he had to go to Washington DC for the first two weeks in June.  It was great timing because we got out of school early this year, we were done on June 5th.  From when he found out he had to do this training we talked about having myself and the boys meet him out there, but we first had to get though winter and hope I did not have too many snow days like last year. Luckily we only had 5 1/5 days.  I have never been to DC, so it was very exciting to me to be able to go.  I have had plans in the past, but they would always fall though.  Nick and I talked about how we would all get there and for a while we thought it might be best if the boys and I flew, but then after looking into how expensive that was, we decided that I would drive them.  I was a little nervous about how the boys would do for 9 hours in the car (which actually was 10 1/2) but they did great.  We bought a minivan shortly before the trip and I think that was a huge key to our success.  They watched movies for almost the whole time and did not fight about which one to watch.  When we got there, Nick still had one day of class left, so we relaxed and went to the mall.  The next two days were spent sightseeing.  We did not get to see it all, but for my first trip out there we saw a lot.  Oh and it was HOT!  It was 96 degrees and high humidity the first day and about 92 degrees and high humidity the second day.

 Whitehouse



 The boys loved that they got to see so many planes.  They asked me to take a picture of the plane for them.
 Dominic was taking a nap
 It is really a cool place. 

 Korean War Monument
 WWII Monument



 Finally some shade

We walked a long ways

No comments:

Post a Comment